Movies that play with my emotions

9:34 AM

Lindsey from The Motion Pictures posted this tag and you guys know how much I love making lists so I need to explain no further. Actually, I do. The tag is movies that "play with my emotions".

A movie that makes me feel happy: Le Petit Nicolas




Please tell me you've seen this, otherwise I'll have to stop typing and play the Dvd for you, and that's a bit impractical. I have yet to see a more delicate, cute, vintage or perfect movie as this. It is based on the series of books by the same name and it epitomizes everything a children's movie ought to be. 

A movie that makes me feel sad: Carlito's way




Every time I watch this movie I expect a different ending. I keep saying: "Carlito, forget el barrio. You don't own these people anything! DON'T TRUST KLEINFELD! Gail is counting on you - no room in this city for big hearts like hers..." *tears*

A movie that makes me feel angry: T
he mist




We were talking  about Stephen King the other day. Well, I remember being extremely angry at this movie in the first five minutes. Before I watched the movie I had read in a magazine that this was a very psychological thriller, that there was something mysterious in the mist etc. In the first five minutes of the movie I discover that there are monsters in the mist. Monsters! I almost lost it that day. But it's not just that, Marcia Gay Harden's character was extremely manipulative and annoying. Not to mention the ending!

A movie that makes me feel nostalgic: The shop around the corner



Oh, the 40's... When people dressed well and were charming and romantic. I also think that James Stewart alone makes me nostalgic. Do we have anybody like him these days?

A movie that makes me feel scared: The strangers



Random violence with masks - this movie was a difficult watch. But let me tell you a funny story. Once a girl knocked at my door, I looked through the peephole and I think it's my sister. But it's dark and I can't really tell if it's my sister or not. So I ask: "Who is it?" The girl answers: "It's Paula". I got super freaked out and thought it was some sort of mind game (my name is Paula, by the way). I thought the girl was a psycho-killer like the one in the movie. It turns out she was the downstairs neighbor who had hit my father's car in the garage. 

A movie that made me feel surprised: A streetcar named desire



I had read the play first and was a little surprised to see they changed the end. Still a great movie  though.

A movie that makes me feel disappointed: Casablanca

I'm sorry if you are disappointed with the movie that made me feel disappointed. I know it's a beloved classic, but to me it's a little blah. I was expecting more out of it and I couldn't stand that song being played over and over. 

A movie that makes me feel distressed: Terror's advocate


To tell the truth, even though I checked the dictionary, I'm not sure if I understand what distressed really means. This movie is a documentary about a lawyer who specialized in defending terrorists. One of the things that made me feel distressed is how cunning he is. He doesn't want to assure their clients a fair trial but he wants to destroy the legal system itself. He says that he instructs his clients to make the trial invalid. So when the judge accuses the client of being a terrorist, he is supposed to reply: "No, I'm a freedom fighter". If that's not distressing, I don't know what is.

A movie that makes me feel confused: Pi



Don't get me wrong, I love this movie. But, seriously, what the hell is going on in there?

I'd love to read your answers, let me know if you play along!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Great List, Paula! I feel the same way about The Strangers. It's just so peculiar...violence for no purpose at all. I've never seen Casablanca, but I feel the same disappointment over Breakfast At Tiffany's. For some reason, I just can't feel the same enthusiasm that other's feel. I'm thinking I might like the novel better.

    <3 Britta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ;) The Strangers is a very disturbing movie, I'll never watch it again. And I also don't like Breakfast at Tiffany's that much. It seems most people like this movie because of Audrey Hepburn and her style, not so much because of her character or the story. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Paula,
    Your emotions movie list, is great, for someone who love movies like me!. I love CASABLANCA a lot. The movie Le petite Nicolas, made me reflect a lot about my childhood.But the films that give me more emotions are those that tell the stories of Jane Austin especially: Persuasion!.
    Baci,Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen a movie adaptation of Persuasion, but I'd really like to, that's a great book. I love the adaptation of Sense and Sensibility - the version with Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet. The 1940 Pride and Prejudice adaptation is amazing too (I never liked the Keira Knightley version that much). Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh.. Carlito... There's a place in my heart where you and Gail are together and happy. And petit nicolas rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny how bad we want Carlito to make it, isn't it? He's a drug dealer and yet we want him to succeed.

    Yes, Le Petit Nicola does rock. I can't decide what character I like the most but one of my favorites is Clotaire. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Do come back because I usually reply to comments here.