I was tagged in the Liebster blog award by the lovely Rie from Rie Reviews. Thanks so much, Rie! The rules to receive this award are:
1) Share 11 random facts about yourself
2) Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who tagged you
3) Tag 11 bloggers
4) Ask them 11 questions
So let's get to it:
11 random facts about myself
1) I love watching documentaries about animals.
2) Though very shy, I discovered I can be quite chatty in letters.
3) My handwriting is rather ugly despite my attempts to practice calligraphy.
4) I'm not that into sports - practicing or watching (see #5).
5) I already owned a skateboard. The first time I used it I fell on my face on the sidewalk. The next day I donated it.
6) Horror used to be one of my favorite genres, but now it just scares me too much.
7) I tried collecting things (everyone in my family has a collection) but I just don’t like the idea of buying and buying and buying...
8) I have the worst taste in music. I’m trying to change from pop/rock/electronic music to classical music. It’s just so difficult – pop is like a drug.
9) My ideal tea: warm, no sugar, no milk and... medicinal.
10) I’d rather cook meals than desserts but I totally ok with eating both. :)
11) I don’t have a favorite color, but I have favorite color combinations (pink and gray, yellow and blue)
My answers to Rie's questions
1. When did you discover your love of books?
I don't know... I guess ever since I was a child I liked reading a lot.
2. Where do you read the most?
In my bedroom.
3. Can you read whilst listening to music or whilst the TV is on?
No. As a matter a fact, I can't do anything while the Tv or the radio is on (except doing my chores).
4. What do you eat for breakfast?
A smoothie. I just blend whatever fruit I have at home with soy milk.
5. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I really like writing and I wanted to share the things I was reading or studying.
6. Why do you blog about books?
Because it's one of my favorite subjects. When I was in college everyone in my class was discussing the same books - I could discuss it with my friends, eavesdrop on other people discussing it. Then I finished college and suddenly I didn't have all these talks going on. Blogging was a way to connect to other people who like reading.
7. Tea, Coffee or Hot Chocolate?
Uh, that's so difficult. I'd love to answer tea to sound classy, but I definitely drink hot chocolate more.
8. What is your worst habit?
Book habits or habits in general? I'll assume it's a book habit. I have no consideration for a book's feelings. If I don't like it, I'll stop reading. If I don't read it in a year, I'll donate it.
9. Hardback or paperback book?
Paperback - always. Unless it's a book I bought for the pictures, like a coffee table book or an art book, then hardback.
10.Who is your favourite author?
11. What do you want to be doing / where do you want to be in 5 years time?
Let's dream big, shall we? I'd like to work by myself, from home.
I award the Liebster to:
My 11 questions for the tagged bloggers
What are your most treasured books?
What books have you read more than once?
What’s your favorite bookstore?
Do you buy books online?
Do you stop reading books half way through?
What’s the last movie you watched?
What’s your favorite genre?
In which movie/book would you like to live in?
Which character do you think has a great style?
Do you go to the movies by yourself?
In the movies: popcorn or no popcorn?
It was a lot of fun putting this post together! If you are not one of the awarded bloggers and found the questions interesting, go ahead and answer them - I'd love to hear your answers too!